The Great Nation of New Echelon is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its national health service, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 11.944 billion Echelonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dundalk. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 83.6%.
The frighteningly efficient New Echelonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,210 trillion Sigints a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,306 Sigints, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
The WhoTube comments section has gone strangely quiet, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned, and paper and ink publications are subsidised by the government to keep them in the black. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Echelon's national animal is the Bobcat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Nudest.
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : New Echelon's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : New Echelon's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending, Longest Average Lifespans, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Healthiest Citizens, and Smartest Citizens.
- : New Echelon was refounded in Lazarus.
- : New Echelon ceased to exist in Balder.
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.