The Free Land of New East Columbia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its burgeoning Eagle population. The hard-working, devout population of 1.981 billion Columbians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The very strong Columbian economy, worth 118 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 60,049 Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 178,545 per year while the poor average 15,833, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New East Columbia's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New East Columbia published "Government Corporations(WIP)" (Factbook: Politics).
- : New East Columbia published "Demographic areas of New East Columbia(WIP)" (Factbook: Politics).
- : New East Columbia's influence in Earth 2250 fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : New East Columbia published "The American States of New East Columbia" (Factbook: Overview).
- : New East Columbia's influence in Earth 2250 fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : New East Columbia's influence in Earth 2250 rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : New East Columbia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : New East Columbia relocated from The Pacific to Earth 2250.
- : New East Columbia altered its national flag.
- : New East Columbia changed its national demonym to "Columbian" and its demonym adjective to "Columbian".