|Leader||The Council of New Delfos|
|Animal||Big Red Tomato|
The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Council of New Delfos with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 28.957 billion Delfics hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 35.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 4,533 trillion tomatoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Book Publishing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,548 tomatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament, and wheelchair users complain it is nearly impossible for them to cross the road in Delfingrad. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : New Delfos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, wheelchair users complain it is nearly impossible for them to cross the road in Delfingrad.
- : New Delfos's influence in Taijitu fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : New Delfos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, Coco the Clown has been elected to the nation's parliament.