|Leader||The Council of New Delfos|
|Animal||Big Red Tomato|
The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of New Delfos with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, soft-spoken computers, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 34.542 billion Delfics are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 56.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 5,607 trillion tomatoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 162,333 tomatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary, visitors often mistake the toiletplex at music festivals for the main stage, New Delfos's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and policy reversals are more often graceful demi-détournés than u-turns. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Delfos was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : New Delfos created a new poll in Taijitu: "What is the best jello?".
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Consitutional Diarchy of Argorinthia.
- : New Delfos endorsed The Consitutional Diarchy of Argorinthia.
- : New Delfos lodged a message on the Taijitu Regional Message Board.
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Challenging Sexually Exploitative Recordings".
- : New Delfos was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : New Delfos approved the World Assembly proposal "Star Gazing Day".
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Caer Sidi".
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Airspace"".