|Leader||The Council of New Delfos|
|Animal||Big Red Tomato|
The Tomatoship of New Delfos is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by The Council of New Delfos with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 28.21 billion Delfics are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delfingrad. The average income tax rate is 30.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Delfosian economy, worth a remarkable 4,418 trillion tomatoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Book Publishing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,625 tomatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every workday begins with group therapy, transgender and agender are on the education agenda, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. New Delfos's national animal is the Big Red Tomato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : New Delfos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kuriko".
- : New Delfos endorsed The Banana Slinging Realm of The Crazy Monkeymen.
- : New Delfos was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : New Delfos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Delfos was endorsed by The Banana Slinging Realm of The Crazy Monkeymen.
- : New Delfos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Trade Rights"".
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in New Delfos, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands.