The True Norwegian black states of New Bismuthium is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Varg Vikernes with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 760 million Vismuttis enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moncuq. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Vismuttian economy, worth 62.7 trillion Burnt churches a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 82,522 Burnt churches, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The standard government reply to any query is "there is no spoon", the government is telling wizards to put their heart into their work, there's some really clean windows in Vismuttian houses, and it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Bismuthium's national animal is the Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, it is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers.
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, there's some really clean windows in Vismuttian houses.
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, the government is telling wizards to put their heart into their work.
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, the standard government reply to any query is "there is no spoon".
- : New Bismuthium changed its national leader to "Varg Vikernes".
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister.
- : New Bismuthium was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun.
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, solving crossword puzzles requires fluency in at least five languages.
- : Following new legislation in New Bismuthium, aeroplanes have been converted into housing units after all air travel was outlawed.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, Shibutani, Fayyayid, Shin-Hachioji, Alunya, Pallaith, Yaorozu, Peldorn, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Corfad, Ethnon, Sunto, Omnistria, Sundred, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Black Templares, Koda-Land, Bayern-Straubing, Uganda Knuckles UK, Egalico, Sheldanada, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Kasazzastan, Lomjia, Holy Oranz, Dreadton, Tappan Hills, Frances Francis the First of France, Siwale, New Pruessen, Q w e r t y, Federation Terra Australis, Vikingiarchy, Napnomadia, PlanetPunk, Kwaj, Ibiscaton, Free Azzaca, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Torakuen, Ikea Rike, Steampunk Ariel, New Bremerton, Amauri, and 37 others.Spartoptia, Castle Federation, Jasminlandia, Acrabinnia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sil Dorsett, 1 very fast endotarter, Noahs Second Country, Saturns Edge, Thiammyalllaland, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Selfgradatude, Votak Matim, Ejhsa, Shadowrik, Test for a new hope, Elder Realms, North Altatude, The Black Cathedral, Wineclaw, Loutsland, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Maott, Guer Aike, Loli County, Haor Chall, Eriadni, Xentherida, Constantinolia, Pasargad, Justanistan, Aratani, Makersaulache, Ttopa, Joodey, and Kobagia.