The Federation of New Arpitania is a huge, safe nation, notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 255 million New Arpitanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Grenoble. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient New Arpitanian economy, worth 14.0 trillion francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 55,048 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The world still seems flat to some people in space, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, the love has gone in New Arpitania, and group hugs break out during floor votes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Arpitania's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, the love has gone in New Arpitania.
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : New Arpitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and Least Corrupt Governments.
- : New Arpitania changed its national capital to "New Grenoble".
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, New Arpitania recently decided against having a capital city.
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in New Arpitania, the government has announced its plans to construct a giant weaponised robot-cat.
- : New Arpitania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and Safest and the Top 10% for Highest Food Quality.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Agausia, Walfo, North of Americas, Gorzi, Meropis, Jim the Baptist, Eppur, Dabarastan, Invernessia, Elisabethshagen, Rary, Eco-Paris Reformation, Yahlia, Berlin and Hanover, GanymedEuropa, Northern German Federation, Irminsulia, The Champions League, St Scarlett, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dervenland, New Vorarlberg, Thracia and Crimea, Kanokla, Ausvelt, Heplon, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Corsoaua, Arbere, Zulrich, Zelenskraine, Gotho, Vulxo, Nardin, Burvenchkaht, Antair, Dark Matter, Imperium Anglorum, United States of Russia1, Regnum Italiae, Kalebo, Kaspinia, Gliesetonia, Nyvunnland, Armbruster, and Nghymru.