The Empire of New Arpad is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Emperor with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 28.475 billion New Arpadians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient New Arpadian economy, worth a remarkable 9,703 trillion Dimes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 340,788 Dimes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, the Emperor can often be seen hanging around playgrounds chatting with the kids, and flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug. Crime is totally unknown. New Arpad's national animal is the Eddie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Arpad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : New Arpad's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New Arpad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : New Arpad's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New Arpad's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Arpad's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Arpad's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Arpad relocated from European Union to The Rejected Realms.
- : New Arpad was ejected from European Union by The Federal Republic of Belarum.
- : New Arpad's influence in European Union rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".