The Republic of New American Nations is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 9.334 billion New American Nationsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 13.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The New American Nationsian economy, worth 562 trillion Golden Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 60,245 Golden Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
In a desperate bid for cheap airfare New American Nationsians can be seen jogging in a rubber suit just before flying, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework, and citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New American Nations's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Texas.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New American Nations was endorsed by The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : New American Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New American Nations was endorsed by The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda.
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New American Nations endorsed The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.
- : New American Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : New American Nations voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Personal Data"".
- : New American Nations was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : New American Nations applied to join the World Assembly.
- : New American Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.