The Republic of New American Nations is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 8.471 billion New American Nationsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 11.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The New American Nationsian economy, worth 493 trillion Golden Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 58,249 Golden Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, in a desperate bid for cheap airfare New American Nationsians can be seen jogging in a rubber suit just before flying, and the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New American Nations's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Texas.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New American Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : New American Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : New American Nations was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New American Nations was endorsed by The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : New American Nations was endorsed by The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies.
- : New American Nations endorsed The Republic of Bexar County.
- : New American Nations endorsed The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : New American Nations endorsed The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies.
- : New American Nations endorsed The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.