The Republic of New American Nations is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.64 billion New American Nationsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 8.8%.
The New American Nationsian economy, worth 471 trillion Golden Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 61,722 Golden Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, the hardest thing for a mining operation to dig through is government red tape, and New American Nationsians have recently stopped mysteriously setting off metal detectors. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New American Nations's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Texas.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New American Nations was endorsed by The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New American Nations was endorsed by The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : New American Nations's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New American Nations lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : New American Nations was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : New American Nations relocated from Osiris to Texas.