The Commonwealth of New-Duluth is a very large, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 197 million New-Duluthians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 8.9%.
The New-Duluthian economy, worth 13.3 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 67,404 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, grumbling early morning commuters bemoan having to travel to work in the dark, foreign leaders' Twitcher accounts are monitored for potential threats to national security, and clumsy self-injury is a viable claim in modern compensation culture. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. New-Duluth's national animal is the Bald Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New-Duluth's influence in APSIA rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : New-Duluth published "Political Parties in the Commonwealth" (Factbook: Politics).
- : New-Duluth's influence in APSIA rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : New-Duluth's influence in APSIA rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New-Duluth published "President of the Commonwealth" (Factbook: Politics).
- : New-Duluth published "Senate of the Commonwealth" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : New-Duluth published "Military Strength and Deployments" (Factbook: Military).
- : New-Duluth's influence in APSIA rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New-Duluth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and Largest Agricultural Sector and the Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in New-Duluth, clumsy self-injury is a viable claim in modern compensation culture.