The Constitutional Monarchy of Nevelja is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Skander Ejup with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.372 billion Nevelyans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kriezyl. The average income tax rate is 39.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Neveljan economy, worth 379 trillion Issies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 159,854 Issies, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, police detectives carry phrenology calipers as part of their standard kit, and confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nevelja's national animal is the Eurasian Lynx, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The Final of The Champions League.
- : Nevelja was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The Green Republics of Drew Durrnil.
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The Civil War of Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire.
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The United Socialist Kingdom of Prussian-Union.
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The Imperial State of Great Robertia.
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The Most Holy Monarchy of Daarwyrth.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle".
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, police detectives carry phrenology calipers as part of their standard kit.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
Endorsements Received: 102 » Saint Domingo, Ahma, Irminsulia, The Seven Provinces, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Outer Sparta, Kaspinia, The New Nordic Union, Death Bat, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Slavonia and Srijem, An Clar, GanymedEuropa, Regnum Italiae, Lumitauka, Nardin, St Scarlett, Dark Matter, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Slavorussia, Quentenia, Greate San Marino, Chioganah, Wessex and Cornwall, Leszno, Alympian Kingdom, Aragonja, Milfgaerd, Bohomo, Pazano, Cytadela, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Leranditale, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The Mongol Plain, Purgatio, Corthaen, Brakanistan, Eritei, Boldia, Lovisa, Parliamentary Laramidia, Thracia and Crimea, Estonesia, Kenmoria WA Mission, and 52 others.Socialist Balkans, Feria-Alkaline, Bahnhofstrasse, Supcotia, Dauershire, Viciebskaja, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Lord Sapre, New Touraine, Maritzal, Falvaard, Belmoren, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Amicities, Kardjali, Volara, Suissen, Trixeland, Alsted, Rouvenor, Nea Europa, Stromia, Novo Portugal, Permorania, British Alban, Monkistan, Free Furentenia, Candavia, Mallesia, Belgique et France, Navence, Blechingia, Neuchateau, Walfo, Greater Tomland, Enway, Cassaracen, Einswenn, Elitestland, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Legique, Jim the Baptist, Riverpost, Alba-Nord, Kanokla, Great Robertia, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Drew Durrnil, and The Champions League.