|Leader||HM Nisut Katypätra XXXVI Sekhmetahat|
The Most Divine Exalted State of Neturere is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by HM Nisut Katypätra XXXVI Sekhmetahat with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory military service. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.258 billion Neturereans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manfer. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.8%.
The strong Neturerean economy, worth 87.0 trillion scarabs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Basket Weaving, Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 69,167 scarabs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 286,817 per year while the poor average 10,935, a ratio of 26.2 to 1.
Sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, women mime their gynaecological symptoms with hand-puppets, and aggressive promotion of global warming puts polar bears on thin ice. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Neturere's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, aggressive promotion of global warming puts polar bears on thin ice.
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, women mime their gynaecological symptoms with hand-puppets.
- : Neturere was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association.
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery.
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic.
- : Neturere lodged a message on the New World Union Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Neturere, food voucher forgeries are causing headaches for the police.
- : Neturere changed its national leader to "HM Nisut Katypätra XXXVI Sekhmetahat".