The Ascendant Unity of NeThrel is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Council of the Infinite with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 14.257 billion NeThrelians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leyla-MehrnAz. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.1%.
The frighteningly efficient NeThrelian economy, worth a remarkable 1,877 trillion Imperial Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 131,704 Imperial Credits, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
Even the family pets of Brasilistani insurgents are being put down, anyone found to be unemployed is shipped off to Brasilistan with a gun and a spade, "To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis, and in a fit of passion The Council of the Infinite has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NeThrel's national animal is the Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is variable by culltual segment.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in NeThrel, in a fit of passion The Council of the Infinite has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Most Influential.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments, Highest Average Incomes, Highest Wealthy Incomes, and Most Stationary.
- : NeThrel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.