The Community of Nerdy Tangent is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 618 million Nerdy Tangentians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Little Tree. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Nerdy Tangentian economy, worth 22.0 trillion Avocados a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Retail. Average income is 35,575 Avocados, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There have been reports of people marrying housepets, woefully uninformed voters cast their ballots at random, military barracks resemble five-star hotels, and carbon-footprint restrictions are making businesses walk. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nerdy Tangent's national animal is the tea dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nerdy Tangent was endorsed by The Allied States of Inaros OPA.
- : Nerdy Tangent was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Nerdy Tangent was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Nerdy Tangent, carbon-footprint restrictions are making businesses walk.
- : Following new legislation in Nerdy Tangent, military barracks resemble five-star hotels.
- : Following new legislation in Nerdy Tangent, woefully uninformed voters cast their ballots at random.
- : Following new legislation in Nerdy Tangent, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- : Following new legislation in Nerdy Tangent, many Nerdy Tangentians struggle to find outlets for their pent-up competitive juices.
- : Nerdy Tangent voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Nerdy Tangent voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
Endorsements Received: 35 » Sylh Alanor, Melenavenia, Chacapoya, Junitaki-cho, Floofybit, Araine, Cadenzana, Tovenia, Laisou, Elenaraghaenaris, Liphia, Michelland, Pantala and Pyrrhia, Wankdeed, Golden gateway, Tre Bia Land, Narwhal, Ideotopia, Atiomia, Charcuterie, Typica, Indimu, New Filippe, Sueloc, Republic of Central Darfur, Vystrania, Imbault, Ellamaa, Lower French Gregballs, Kariforunia, Fracoda, Parapollacis, Koayo, Bapaving, and Inaros OPA.