|Leader||Margravine Althea Carrick|
The Grand Union of Nephara is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Margravine Althea Carrick with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.679 billion Nepharim hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corvistone. The average income tax rate is 72.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Nepharim economy, worth 600 trillion pound Taurines a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,445 pound Taurines, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mandatory neutering has made purebred dogs a thing of the past, stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents, a third of Nepharim are e-certified CEOs, and women have a strange proclivity for dressing up as caped weasels. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nephara's national animal is the cormorant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is lapsed Catharism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nephara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Nephara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Nephara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Nephara changed its national faith to "lapsed Catharism", its leader to "Margravine Althea Carrick", and its motto to "We kill our kings!".
- : Nephara published "Overview of Nephara" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Nephara lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- : Nephara changed its national demonym to "Nepharan".
- : Nephara published "Political Parties" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Nephara published "Political Overview" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Nephara published "Noteworthy RPs - BoF51 Champions: where are they now?" (Factbook: History).