The Armed Republic of NeoConcordia is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its smutty television, soft-spoken computers, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.121 billion NeoConcordians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carcosa. The average income tax rate is 69.7%.
The all-consuming NeoConcordian economy, worth 341 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 160,898 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has nearly as many history museums as NeoConcordians, hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings, the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NeoConcordia's national animal is the Vorpal Bunny, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NeoConcordia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : NeoConcordia was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, the military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, the nation has nearly as many history museums as NeoConcordians.
- : Following new legislation in NeoConcordia, food voucher forgeries are causing headaches for the police.
- : NeoConcordia was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
- : NeoConcordia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : NeoConcordia was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Tsunamy, Erinor, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Luddinlande, Volaworand, Paranoia, Violent Peacenicks, Aumeltopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jaxon, Aguatania, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, The National Corporation, Kringalia, Aywhyou, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Quiescent, Barabarom, Tsvetania, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Lambdaland, Sedunn, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Jehenna, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Akindom, North Prarie, Jahass, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Sesteran, Pays de Loire, Ostanasia, Amerion, Wild Space, The Solar System Scope, Great Africans, Phanama, and 21 others.PenguinPies, Ariankido, Rabbitz, Land Without Shrimp, Hanguk-Nippon, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, New Briantown, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Xandev, Qvait, Mapico, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Direwolf1, Samogitija, and Qawe.