The Oppressed Peoples of Neo Revived Roman Empire is a large, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 86 million Romans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28.5%.
The strong Roman economy, worth 4.86 trillion Gold Coins a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 56,544 Gold Coins, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo Revived Roman Empire's national animal is the Grey Wolf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Conservative, the Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Most Ignorant Citizens, and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian and Most Extreme.
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire altered its national flag.
- : Neo Revived Roman Empire changed its national demonym to "Roman", its demonym adjective to "Roman", its motto to "Roma Invicta", and its nation type to "Oppressed Peoples".
- : Following new legislation in Neo Revived Roman Empire, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita.
- : Following new legislation in Neo Revived Roman Empire, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.