|Capital||The Bunker-City of Omiskan|
|Animal||Nuclear Combusting Crocodile|
The Rogue Nation of Neo-Western East Korea is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its national health service, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 533 million Neo-Western East Koreans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Bunker-City of Omiskan. The average income tax rate is 66.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Neo-Western East Korean economy, worth 81.0 trillion Cyber Bats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 151,992 Cyber Bats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, and the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo-Western East Korea's national animal is the Nuclear Combusting Crocodile, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neo-Western East Korea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Neo-Western East Korea endorsed The Wayside of BearStackof2015.
- : Neo-Western East Korea was endorsed by The Wayside of BearStackof2015.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Western East Korea, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Western East Korea, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Western East Korea, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Western East Korea, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Neo-Western East Korea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Recreational Drugs Compact".
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Western East Korea, gene-engineered sewerjacks don't smell but they do stink.
- : Neo-Western East Korea endorsed The Left-Libertarian Republic of Enlil.
Endorsements Received: 42 » The Three States of Fortuna, Buushi, Veterans Association, Debluu, Northern Celavon, The Atlae Isles, Hizuru, Aquyia, The 7th Coalition of Alba, Eastern Alksearia, East Malaysia, Brethren, New Leganes, Axdel, Layngderfleethe, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Greater New Cassandra, A mean old man, Aivintis, Modra, Edwardsport, Cellar Doors, Kangarawa, Nereua, Brotherland, Fellon, Canadian Technocrats, Vuclen, Selacia, Alemannian Empire, Dragons Blood, Kandorith, Shambho, Fuflix workers union, Wallenburg, MikGonnia, Spiruvania, Talakra, VW53Aland, Empire of Dabiristan, Enlil, and BearStackof2015.