|Leader||President Enzo Tenbrook|
The Desert Republic of Nearly Finland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Enzo Tenbrook with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, vat-grown people, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 6.568 billion Nearly Finns hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Francisco. The average income tax rate is 44.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nearly Finnish economy, worth a remarkable 2,094 trillion Monies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 318,844 Monies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, the police go to great efforts to seize contraband favored by politicians on the police oversight committee, and self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies. Crime is totally unknown. Nearly Finland's national animal is the Roadrunner, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Republic of Tessen removed Polls authority from the WA Delegate Nearly Finland in American Union.
- : The Republic of Tessen removed Communications authority from the WA Delegate Nearly Finland in American Union.
- : Nearly Finland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Nearly Finland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Nearly Finland approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Ariusgrad".
- : Nearly Finland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wrapper".
- : Nearly Finland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Texas".
- : Nearly Finland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Cloning Conventions".
- : Nearly Finland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Iran".
- : Nearly Finland approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Texas".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Cascadia and Columbia.