The Empire of Nea Komnenia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Katerina Ibelinova with an even hand, and renowned for its vat-grown people, ubiquitous missile silos, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.293 billion Komnenians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valyria. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Komnenian economy, worth 250 trillion Hyperpyrons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 194,043 Hyperpyrons, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 927,251 per year while the poor average 23,812, a ratio of 38.9 to 1.
Gift baskets often contain working nukes, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, Jennifer Government is a bestseller, and people say chess victor Katerina Ibelinova can kill you with mind-bullets. Crime is relatively low. Nea Komnenia's national animal is the Titanis, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, people say chess victor Katerina Ibelinova can kill you with mind-bullets.
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Nea Komnenia was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, gift baskets often contain working nukes.
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, the new "Bloodbath" orange tree autonomously seeks and destroys independent orchards.
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths.
- : Nea Komnenia endorsed The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, death row is annually emptied to feed the nation's hunger for televised murder-games.
- : Following new legislation in Nea Komnenia, faithful allies are always valued.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Makykay, The Soylent Green Party, Valentian Elysium, Solsevara, Anisopterra, Namakan, Drewish, Kachikawawa, Ignis Cinere, Evertopia, Wysrod, Pianaville, Point Comfort Colony, Creeptopia, Liberdon, Keswickholt, Galimania, Hohenzollern-Habsburg, United States of Island land, Lucciana, Kaltovar, Rhie, Isentran, Dustwind, New Non, Ilfarasia, Clialaad, Megistos, Islands of Czechia, Maconshinbernititte, The Republic of Osea, Ardelenia, Batona, Anollasia, The Galactic American Imperium, Marxist Germany, S Mova Derat, Aquachromia, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Greater Puptioneberadon, Terra Royaume, Carthegia, Solarampa, Lisokyo, Krystalveil, Samonaemia, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Mauryana, Silvedania, Wischland, and 11 others.Killettland, Capea, Richmondroads, The Indian Royalty, Vivolkha, Saint Islaw Wra, Violent Trees, Yellowjacket, Alemputo, Grimmywelsh, and Dorab.