|Leader||Premier Alice Laurent|
The Second Order of Nea Athinae is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Alice Laurent with a fair hand, and renowned for its burgeoning Horse population. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.229 billion Atheneses hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lauranthina. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.8%.
The strong Athenese economy, worth 64.1 trillion Eurothenins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 52,171 Eurothenins, with the richest citizens earning 9.2 times as much as the poorest.
Nea Athinae has designated Lauranthina as its capital city, Atheneses are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks, and Premier Alice Laurent has just been declared ruler of Nea Athinae in an international press conference. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Nea Athinae's national animal is the Horse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nea Athinae was endorsed by The Kingdom of Gnabrya.
- : Nea Athinae endorsed The Theocracy of Hospitalarios de Sao Miguel de Arcanjo.
- : Nea Athinae endorsed The Federetion of Stelvia.
- : Nea Athinae endorsed The Empire of Miscatania.
- : Nea Athinae changed its national demonym plural to "Atheneses".
- : Nea Athinae changed its national demonym to "Athenese".
- : Nea Athinae changed its national demonym to "Athen", its demonym adjective to "Athenese", and its demonym plural to "Athenese".
- : Nea Athinae voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Removal of Space Debris".
- : Nea Athinae voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Historical Founderless Region Preservation Act ".
- : Nea Athinae voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of the Press"".
Endorsements Received: 20 » Ossela, Codyn, ZAKRYA, Totaristan, The Portuguese Workers, Alentejo and Algarve, Astartia, Ofiussia, Olarista, Medar, NovaPortugalidade, Greater Tugaland, Prtugal, Nookie Island, Reino de Portvgal, Araucariana, Herya, Caxina, Reinado Brasileiro, and Gnabrya.