The Dominion of NE Somerset is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.414 billion NE Somersetians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.4%.
The very strong NE Somersetian economy, worth 205 trillion Golden Sovereigns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 60,248 Golden Sovereigns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 184,045 per year while the poor average 15,286, a ratio of 12.0 to 1.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. NE Somerset's national animal is the Golden Pheasant, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NE Somerset's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : NE Somerset's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : NE Somerset's influence in The New Inquisition rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : NE Somerset relocated from Osiris to The New Inquisition.
- : NE Somerset's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : NE Somerset's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : NE Somerset's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : NE Somerset altered its national flag.
- : NE Somerset was refounded in Osiris.
- : NE Somerset ceased to exist in The New Inquisition.