The Journalistic Junta of NationStates Today is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chairperson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 3.729 billion journalists live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of News. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.4%.
The very strong a journalist economy, worth 238 trillion newspapers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 63,954 newspapers, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, NationStates Today has designated News as its capital city, Content has been named as NationStates Today's national religion, and Chairperson has just been declared ruler of NationStates Today in an international press conference. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. NationStates Today's national animal is the breaking news, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Content.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NationStates Today changed its national animal to "breaking news", its currency to "newspaper", and its leader to "Chairperson".
- : NationStates Today changed its national leader to "Chairman Blyatman".
- : NationStates Today's influence in NationStates Today rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : NationStates Today appointed The United Socialist States of Precoixious as Board Advisor with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in NationStates Today.
- : NationStates Today's influence in NationStates Today fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : NationStates Today agreed to construct embassies between NationStates Today and The Union of Democratic States.
- : NationStates Today published "NSToday: Power20 June 2020" (Bulletin: News).
- : NationStates Today agreed to construct embassies between NationStates Today and URA.
- : NationStates Today proposed constructing embassies between NationStates Today and Social Technocratic Union.
- : NationStates Today proposed constructing embassies between NationStates Today and The Free Nations Region.