The Greater Chinese Republic of National Socialist Korea is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Big Brother with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.406 billion Chinese are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 88.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Chinese economy, worth a remarkable 1,222 trillion Renminbis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 145,402 Renminbis, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 494,614 per year while the poor average 31,507, a ratio of 15.7 to 1.
Motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts", droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and the national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. National Socialist Korea's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Folk Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : National Socialist Korea's influence in Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : National Socialist Korea's influence in Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : National Socialist Korea changed its national animal to "Dragon", its capital to "Beijing", its currency to "Renminbi", its demonym to "Chinese", its demonym adjective to "Chinese", its leader to "Big Brother", and its nation type to "Greater Chinese Republic".
- : National Socialist Korea's influence in Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : National Socialist Korea's influence in Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : National Socialist Korea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : National Socialist Korea's influence in Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : National Socialist Korea published "Greater Chinese Republic" (Factbook: Overview).
- : National Socialist Korea relocated from Osiris to Nationalist Commonwealth of Free Regions.
- : National Socialist Korea was refounded in Osiris.