|Leader||PM Eloise Quemener|
The Confederation of Nanako Island is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by PM Eloise Quemener with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.001 billion Nanakians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Waterpoo. The average income tax rate is 80.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Nanakian economy, worth 580 trillion Nús a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Pizza Delivery industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 52,724 Nús, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay, international tensions are high as Nanako Island threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend, and young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nanako Island's national animal is the ussuri bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nanako Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : Nanako Island voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Commission on Sentient and sapient rights".
- : Nanako Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Nanako Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Nanako Island's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Nanako Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Historical Founderless Region Preservation Act ".
- : Nanako Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Removal of Space Debris".
- : Nanako Island lodged a message on the United Forum of Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Nanako Island published "Midori Ten Days Cycling Race 2022, Men's" (Account: Sport).
- : Nanako Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of the Press"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Angladen.