The Joyful Tourist of Nakarisaune is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.989 billion Hyenaeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Poppaea Maxima. The average income tax rate is 80.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Nakarisaunean economy, worth a remarkable 1,457 trillion hyenas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Book Publishing, Tourism, Information Technology, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 112,221 hyenas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Workers' complaints never reach central planning, hairdressers are forced to use all the tricks of the trade after citizens became required to wear helmets at all times, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job, and there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Nakarisaunean grocery store. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Nakarisaune's national animal is the aardvark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nakarisaune's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Nakarisaune was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Nakarisaune relocated from Balder to The South Pacific.
- : Nakarisaune altered its national flag.
- : Nakarisaune changed its national motto to "Hey, why's everyone so joyful about tourism?" and its nation type to "Joyful Tourist".
- : Nakarisaune was refounded in Balder.
- : Nakarisaune ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Nakarisaune was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Nakarisaune was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Nakarisaune resigned from the World Assembly.