The Allied States of Mystyn is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 442 million Mystynians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 79.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Mystynian economy, worth 13.6 trillion pebbles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is 30,837 pebbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, and children's bedrooms are often decorated with posters of successful accountants. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mystyn's national animal is the toad, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mystyn was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, children's bedrooms are often decorated with posters of successful accountants.
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle.
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Mystyn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, the dwindling faithful in the nation make expensive pilgrimages to the remaining places of worship.
- : Following new legislation in Mystyn, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Far Anoglinlan, Sylh Alanor, Junitaki-cho, Perpetual Light, Tiralta, New Pi-Ramesses, Remnants of the Pacific, Aephony, Croonia, Floofybit, Free Syria, Golden gateway, Araine, Valdonland, Hoqeallistan, Nottinghaven, Inaros OPA, Melenavenia, The Land Named Bob, Duneraven, Axolotlta, Typica, Irelis, Onnamon, Liphia, Haibaria, Vikoland, Michelland, Delta Vega IV, Denimz, Crialdenna, Vandermeer, Tovenia, New Filippe, The Star Enpire, Pangeodrea, Fel Vudos, Brazileand, Letargia, Adawu, Everetunga-Hari, Narwhal, Iscandare, Applemarsh, Nekhuser-Ra, Ladita, Porthosia, Ecologiania, Nangka, Michis, and 3 others.Yondoria, Kaltea, and Bey Land.