The Candyland of Mushmellow is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Mushmellow with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, zero percent divorce rate, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.587 billion Musheans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mushmellow City. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Mushean economy, worth a remarkable 1,305 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 172,061 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government spends billions to protect Mushmellow from a disaster that is one in a million, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners, and taking a walk on the wild side is punishable by death. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mushmellow's national animal is the ghost, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mushmellow was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Mushmellow's influence in Spiritus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Mushmellow's influence in Spiritus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Mushmellow lodged a message on the Spiritus Regional Message Board.
- : Mushmellow's influence in Spiritus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Mushmellow's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Mushmellow, taking a walk on the wild side is punishable by death.
- : Mushmellow applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Mushmellow relocated from Balder to Spiritus.
- : Mushmellow's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".