|Leader||Michael Everton Miller|
The United Republics of Multonia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Michael Everton Miller with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 7.337 billion Multonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oured. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Multonian economy, worth 672 trillion Multonian Zollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 91,691 Multonian Zollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Prisoners due for execution often use their final statement to complain about soggy bread rolls, supervisors in Multonia commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence, a rash of recently-elected candidates have begun to push Bigtopia-friendly policies, and the reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Multonia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Multonia's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Multonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates, Most Developed, and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Multonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Multonia's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Multonia's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Multonia's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Multonia relocated from Multonia space to The Union of Democratic States.
- : Multonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Multonia's influence in Multonia space rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Multonia changed its national motto to "In God we trust".