|Leader||Ferdinand von Müller|
The Black Friday Remnants of Mountain Ash Forests is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Ferdinand von Müller with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 22.126 billion Ashtons enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, liberal government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Environment, although Education is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cambarville. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Ash economy, worth a remarkable 7,085 trillion Crown Fires a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 320,247 Crown Fires, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,098,694 per year while the poor average 68,510, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
Some members of Parliament are illiterate, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-Crown Fire treacle machine, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, and video evidence of cruel animal experiments tends to be of poor quality. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Mountain Ash Forests's national animal is the Leadbeaters Possum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Tree-hugging.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mountain Ash Forests was endorsed by The Fresh Breath of Eir.
- : Mountain Ash Forests was endorsed by The Empire of Animmalia.
- : Mountain Ash Forests was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Mountain Ash Forests was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Mountain Ash Forests was endorsed by The Disney Villain of Lord Dominator.
- : Mountain Ash Forests endorsed The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Mountain Ash Forests's influence in Forest fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Mountain Ash Forests was endorsed by The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Mountain Ash Forests voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North East Somerset".
- : Mountain Ash Forests's influence in Forest rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Feladria, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Ownzone, Dwardossa, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Turbeaux, Reannia, Tauride, Elundris, Entitize, Ransium, The Cypher Nine, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Meropis, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Rorston, Bilsa, Shimerta, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Ordand, Raccoon Creek, The Black Horns, Kinganaryasia, Paplia, Coranova, Groenwald, Kaiseland, Hyon Delta, Mahrenbach, Kannap, Western Continental Divide, Octopus Islands, New Ladavia, Animmalia, and Eir.