The Eternal Dream Realm of Morturaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dael Azrael Wintergate with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 26.216 billion Morturarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of L'Etoile de Sang. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Morturarian economy, worth a remarkable 7,838 trillion soul spheres a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 298,986 soul spheres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, there's never enough space in space, and lending money has become a major liability. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morturaria's national animal is the Sphinx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Yaoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morturaria endorsed The Commonwealth of Celestephin.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, lending money has become a major liability.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, there's never enough space in space.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Morturaria was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Celestephin.
- : Morturaria was endorsed by The Floating Empire of Lee Hong Wee.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Morturaria, Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Morturarian officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Mikeswill, Kyupaa, Patria Augusta, Sandybeach, Squalus, Arithei, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, Ubu-Rex, New West Gulls, Greiss, Nismonamia, Arkanosianof, Drakoslavia, The Double Wing, The Galactic Supremacy, Upper Larathand Lan, and Celestephin.