The Matriarchy of Mortfall is a small, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 32 million Mortfallians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Law & Order, although Education, Defense, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15.4%.
The strong Mortfallian economy, worth 1.88 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 58,711 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, territories have the right to secede if they aren't happy, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and there are no minimum wage laws. Crime is moderate. Mortfall's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Mortfall is ranked 59,956th in the world and 1st in Mortfall for Most Avoided, scoring 12.13 on the Kardashian Reflex Score.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mortfall's influence in Mortfall fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Mortfall was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Mortfall voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate England".
- : Following new legislation in Mortfall, there are no minimum wage laws.
- : Following new legislation in Mortfall, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Mortfall, territories have the right to secede if they aren't happy.
- : Mortfall was reclassified from "Mother Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Mortfall, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Mortfall, if you go into the woods today you're sure of a big surprise.
- : Mortfall approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Spiritus".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Sams.