The Rogue Nation of Mordus Legion is a huge, safe nation, notable for its smutty television, feral children, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed population of 232 million Legion Citizens are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 36.1%.
The Mordus Legionian economy, worth 12.2 trillion ISKS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Gambling, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 52,721 ISKS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, the Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea, and Mordus Legion's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mordus Legion's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mordus Legion, Mordus Legion's heavy congestion charges are the bane of motorists' lives.
- : Following new legislation in Mordus Legion, the Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea.
- : Mordus Legion was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Mordus Legion, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Mordus Legion, claiming that "my cousin said it was legal" is a common courtroom defense.
- : Following new legislation in Mordus Legion, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license.
- : Mordus Legion was endorsed by The Kingdom of Test for a new hope.
- : Mordus Legion was endorsed by The Federation Eternal of Votak Matim.
- : Mordus Legion was endorsed by The American Insurgency of Former English Colony.
- : Mordus Legion was endorsed by The Second Resurrection of Noahs Second Country.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Territorio di Nessuno, Alunya, Corfad, Shibutani, Shin-Hachioji, El Fiji Grande, Sinelona, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Omnistria, The Rhein States, Shadowrik, Peldorn, Spartoptia, Great Bights Mum, Unimaginable Doom, Yaorozu, Guslantis, Ethnon, Egalico, Sunto, PlanetPunk, Kwaj, Black Templares, United Draconia, Uganda Knuckles UK, Plangainer, North Bratislava, Dar es Saalam, Koda-Land, Bayern-Straubing, Siwale, Trillius, Notyoutopia, Kirostan, Frances Francis the First of France, Novare Res, Maott, Steampunk Ariel, THX1138, Jasminlandia, Steraz, Haor Chall, Sheldanada, Napnomadia, Tappan Hills, Acrabinnia, Racoda, Ejhsa, Wineclaw, Guer Aike, and 44 others.Saturns Edge, The Notorious Mad Jack, New Pruessen, Federation Terra Australis, Pallaith, Sundred, Holy Oranz, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kasazzastan, Ibiscaton, Unsophisticate, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Q w e r t y, Dreadton, Buckerino, Seidr Wyrd, Liberum Mundi, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Lomjia, Valhalla123, Torakuen, The United States of Romania, Newpromisedland, 1 very fast endotarter, Aratani, New Bremerton, Pasargad, Sanjurika, Yummy Blubber, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, General COE, Niradans, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Amauri, Castle Federation, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Votak Matim, and Test for a new hope.