The Kingdom of Mordor of Sauron is a massive, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical, devout population of 2.747 billion Mordor of Sauronians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Mordor of Sauronian economy, worth 17.3 trillion mirians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 6,298 mirians, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation is compulsory, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and the diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mordor of Sauron's national animal is the sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mordor of Sauron changed its national demonym plural to "Mordor of Sauronians".
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Mordor of Sauron was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Mordor of Sauron's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Mordor of Sauron was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Income Equality and the Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.