The Republic of Morbid Mind is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, public floggings, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, devout population of 4.215 billion Morbid Mindians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 45.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Morbid Mindian economy, worth 206 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 49,013 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Morbid Mindians incessantly needle their doctors for relief, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, and employees who skip lunch to avoid sub-par cafeteria food risk getting fired. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Morbid Mind's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Morbid Mind resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Morbid Mind's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Nipper".
- : Morbid Mind endorsed The Rogue Nation of Ilmarinen.
- : Morbid Mind endorsed The Galloping Defender of Unicorniandia.
- : Morbid Mind endorsed The Republic of Zoom-5.
- : Morbid Mind endorsed The Republic of Energetic Fauxia.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Gers Frepubaa.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Ilmarinen.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Republic of XYZ A002.
- : Morbid Mind was endorsed by The Im really slow of Vex20.