The United Socialist States of Montreal-Quebec is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its absence of drug laws, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.696 billion Quebecois are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alexandria. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Montreal-Quebecian economy, worth 212 trillion Francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 125,439 Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All recreational drugs are legal, students learn how to disarm mines before understanding basic arithmetic, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps, and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Montreal-Quebec's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, students learn how to disarm mines before understanding basic arithmetic.
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Montreal-Quebec was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Montreal-Quebec endorsed The Federal Republic of Dioswania.
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, the WhoTube comments section has gone strangely quiet.
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery.
- : Following new legislation in Montreal-Quebec, young people suspect their parents might be a little bit stupid.
- : Montreal-Quebec was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Militarian Greek Junta.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Bran Astor, Bhang Bhang Duc, Gryphonian Alliance, Kittenlicious, Shaktirajya, Liberillia, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, The Anti-Social Socialists, Twisted Duality, Suniterian, Dalimbar, Alchera, Futuo, Fujai, Condonohia, Ioways, Win Mints, Pandaland III, Mirchusko, New Democratic Republic of Russia, The Undivided, Atleska, Vugaland, The Emden Dominion, Grandi Fiori, Pandaland II, Islamic Jerusalem, Coung Komands, Arkadia Universalis, Arhelli, Divina Patriae, Cryland, Doggerstan, Ilmecith, Oometz, Nevafornia, Dankinsted, Wickedly evil people, Numpties, Nedtherland, Zamoland, Antahbrantahstan, Gladvia, Great Sheriffdom, Organisation of North American Nations, Sensorland, Papercuts and Skittles, Yungtopia, Ferroia, WaffenBrightonburg, and 11 others.Fumafuma, Atheist States of Philippines, The United Republic of Westend, Varanius, Constantinopolisia, Giovanniland, Meow-meow-mia, Bigstickistan, America Florida, Recuecn, and Militarian Greek Junta.