|Capital||Evilchiren Káenvere Chapit'ol|
|Leader||Grand Minister Eváilinóilá|
The Democratic Republic of Montekegolia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Minister Eváilinóilá with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 8.759 billion Montekegolians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Evilchiren Káenvere Chapit'ol. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Montekegolian economy, worth a remarkable 1,393 trillion Pheoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 159,142 Pheoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cigarettes are dead-cheap, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Montekegolia's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Montekegolia was endorsed by The Rosy Republic of Grod Island.
- : Montekegolia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Montekegolia, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Montekegolia, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Montekegolia, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Montekegolia, cigarettes are dead-cheap.
- : Following new legislation in Montekegolia, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Montekegolia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Montekegolia, the government-run newspapers insist that everything is fine.
- : Montekegolia was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 43 » Llorens, Kavagrad, Litauengrad, Verja, Rorlenland, New Arkados, Thasse, Ephros, Libertasnia, Digitotuo, Ghillemear, Oscansa, Transcommunist Republics, Greylyn, Kawany, United Zealandic, Argentigrad, Gooseta, Anarchocommunists of the World, Dearizle Cirecoastan, Central Eurasia, Elebe, Henchikurin, Nangka, Sincadenas, Culturists, Dyl, Picuros, Slackertown, Buttia, Antinios, Chokrobook, Vandensia, The Gaturacia, Nepacton Murt, Midterra, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Kongoland, Mazztechia, The Pirotian Republic, Mavlina, and Grod Island.