|Leader||the Executive Council of State|
The Commonwealth of Monte Naranja is a massive, safe nation, ruled by the Executive Council of State with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.105 billion Monte Naranjans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lesser Lagro. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Monte Naranjan economy, worth 117 trillion shillings a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,455 shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers can choose whether they prefer offices that smell of pungent body odor or whale vomit, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, lobbyists are trying to convince government to recategorize most natural disasters as "non-critical naturogenic inconveniences", and the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monte Naranja's national animal is the dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monte Naranja voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, the nation is noticeably more cheerful on Tuesdays.
- : Monte Naranja was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, lobbyists are trying to convince government to recategorize most natural disasters as "non-critical naturogenic inconveniences".
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, workers can choose whether they prefer offices that smell of pungent body odor or whale vomit.
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute.
- : Monte Naranja was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Monte Naranja, the children of Monte Naranja are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
Endorsements Received: 75 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Outer Sparta, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Irminsulia, Imperium Anglorum, Yahlia, Thracia Republic, Slavonia and Srijem, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Bahnhofstrasse, Troltovia, Dark Matter, Slavorussia, Supcotia, Northern German Federation, Pazano, British Alban, South St Maarten, Nardin, Socialist Balkans, The New Nordic Union, The Greater Eastern Republic, Greate San Marino, An Clar, Germany Third Reich, Kenmoria WA Mission, Einswenn, Leranditale, Regnum Italiae, Ahma, Mantcor, GanymedEuropa, Wombelland, Purgatio, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, The Seven Provinces, Soviet Taoistan, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Thracia and Crimea, Feria-Alkaline, Gingera, Alsted, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Permorania, Free Furentenia, and 25 others.WaffleEmpire, Blechingia, Stromia, Alba-Nord, Walfo, Chioganah, Porury, Lyallpur, The Mongol Plain, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Balto-League, Apabeossie, Wiener-Neustadt, Libertyca, HYDRA-Russian Empire, Death Bat, Maritzal, Enway, Evergreen Keys, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Jim the Baptist, and Riverpost.