|Leader||His Majesty Theodore I and PM Strasbourg|
The Imperial Kingdom of Montagne Riche is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Majesty Theodore I and PM Strasbourg with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The compassionate, devout population of 7.123 billion Montagnais are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Genève. The average income tax rate is 93.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Montagnais economy, worth 976 trillion Montagne Francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 137,091 Montagne Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The treehouse in Rooster Park is the tallest building in Montagne Riche, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, and arbitration is mightier than the sword. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Montagne Riche's national animal is the Rooster, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark.
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, the treehouse in Rooster Park is the tallest building in Montagne Riche.
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Montagne Riche after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims.
- : Montagne Riche changed its national leader to "His Majesty Theodore I and PM Strasbourg".
- : Following new legislation in Montagne Riche, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over His Majesty Theodore I and PM Strasbourg's questionably sane new coalition partners.
- : Montagne Riche endorsed The Anarcho-Syndicalist Communes of Thracia and Crimea.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Someseni, Pilipinas and Malaya, Invernessia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Nardin, The Champions League, Republic of Satherland, Imperium Anglorum, Northern German Federation, An Clar, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Parliamentary Laramidia, Destyntine, Savinecross, Jim the Baptist, St Scarlett, Wiener-Neustadt, Dark Matter, The New Nordic Union, Lyallpur, Neuchateau, Irminsulia, Alsted, Feria-Alkaline, Leranditale, Regnum Italiae, North of Americas, Chioganah, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Grodisze, GanymedEuropa, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Maritzal, Nea Europa, The Scandinavian Realm, Jahass, Ostermarch, Bareu, Kalifer and Baska, Chronus, Elisabethshagen, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Enway, Meropis, and 33 others.Rivierenland, Crestphalia, Ashckar, Trixeland, Kanokla, Apabeossie, Kyrica, Valtrona, Eski, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Othenhiem, Stromia, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Maalat, Emynia, Koenskyte, Berlin and Hanover, Robbonia, Estonesia, Greater Bahland, Lord Sapre, Hallorland, Khuravia, Greater Albaina, Kurdislavic Algharbistan, The States of Texas and Arkansas, A3161, Thracia and Crimea, Namiona, and East Kirea.