The Republic of Monosiland is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-working, humorless, devout population of 1.722 billion Monosilandians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Benelux. The average income tax rate is 64.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Monosilandian economy, worth 115 trillion Mosoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 67,132 Mosoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The Benelux Prison Revue puts on a better stage show than anything in the Theatre District, former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work, confused drunks wake up to irate drill sergeants whipping them into shape, and all beauty contests have been banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monosiland's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monosiland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Liberentis.
- : Monosiland was endorsed by The OMG It's the Nation of Gladio II.
- : Monosiland's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Monosiland, all beauty contests have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Monosiland, confused drunks wake up to irate drill sergeants whipping them into shape.
- : Following new legislation in Monosiland, former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work.
- : Following new legislation in Monosiland, the Benelux Prison Revue puts on a better stage show than anything in the Theatre District.
- : Following new legislation in Monosiland, medical experts advise that those claiming to be medical experts are probably fraudsters.
- : Monosiland was endorsed by The Heerlijk Opperheerschappij of Victoriaans Nederlands.
- : Monosiland was endorsed by The French Federal Federation of Frances Francis the First of France.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Mzeusia, Corfad, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Racoda, Siwale, United Draconia, Shin-Hachioji, Eravonia, PlanetPunk, Kylesburgh, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Empy, Jest Xerces, Buckerino, Albacria, Bayern-Straubing, Wineclaw, Yaorozu, HMS Unicorn, Sacrento, Deropia, Malta Comino Gozo, Koda-Land, Diodone, Universal State Formula, Highton Islands, Aerilia, Q w e r t y, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, Right Wing Crusaders, McMasterdonia, Sanjurika, Selfgradatude, THX1138, Atain, The Windmilluminati, Zeternia, Apetopia, Sosash, Sundred, Frances Francis the First of France, Victoriaans Nederlands, Gladio II, and Liberentis.