The Sultanate of Monkistan is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Nelson Monkdela with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 7.407 billion Monkistanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Monkow. The average income tax rate is 3.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Monkistani economy, worth a remarkable 2,033 trillion Denarii a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 274,545 Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims, Monkistanis no longer find themselves bumping into their exes at family gatherings, the bum of Nelson Monkdela has been voted the most recognisable in Monkistan, and attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Monkistan's national animal is the Monkee, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Monkism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monkistan was endorsed by The State of Mimeer.
- : Monkistan was endorsed by The Kingdom of Virmena.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, the bum of Nelson Monkdela has been voted the most recognisable in Monkistan.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, Monkistanis no longer find themselves bumping into their exes at family gatherings.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims.
- : Following new legislation in Monkistan, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Monkistan endorsed The Kingdom of The Scandinavian Realm.
- : Monkistan endorsed The Republic of Abrasax.
- : Monkistan endorsed The Republic of Neue Prussian Republic.
Endorsements Received: 117 » Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Irminsulia, Ahma, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, Northern German Federation, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, Slavorussia, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Outer Sparta, Dark Matter, GanymedEuropa, Lovisa, An Clar, Feria-Alkaline, Leszno, Lexembourg, North of Americas, Bohomo, Pilipinas and Malaya, Purgatio, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Thracia and Crimea, Soviet Krussia, Cytadela, Chioganah, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Brakanistan, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Nardin, Elisabethshagen, Alsted, Nevelja, Neuchateau, The Wretched of this Earth, Walfo, Lord Sapre, Free Workers Macedon, South St Maarten, Invernessia, The Champions League, and 67 others.Someseni, Destyntine, Chronus, Savinecross, Sloburg, Grodisze, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Canovium, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Nuweland, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, NorthPortugal, Parliamentary Laramidia, Enway, New Decius, Apabeossie, Trixeland, Kanokla, Rheinland-Westphalia, Kyrica, Valtrona, Eski, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Turkenia, Asparagusia, Northwest Isles, Christian Terra, Bareu, Greater Icelandia, Othenhiem, Nova Babilonia, New Eestiball, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, Usengecler, Gliesetonia, Anglo-Francios, Powiat Miechowski, Stukilo, Kurdislavic Algharbistan, Corsovica, Khuravia, Robbonia, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Estonesia, Greater Bahland, Balante, Trisikistan, The Rebels of Ireland, Mallesia, A3161, Hansereul, Namiona, East Kirea, Anzau, Neue Prussian Republic, Abrasax, The Scandinavian Realm, Virmena, and Mimeer.