|Leader||Emperor Mikhail I|
The Empire of Monahtan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Mikhail I with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.03 billion Imperial citizens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Finestra. The average income tax rate is 71.5%.
The thriving Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 1,278 trillion marks a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 91,100 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, grumpy old house owners demand that pedestrians get off their footpaths, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy, and going on a diet invalidates your passport. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monahtan's national animal is the polar bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Imperialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monahtan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Monahtan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Monahtan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Monahtan was refounded in Balder.
- : Monahtan ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Monahtan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Monahtan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Monahtan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Monahtan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Monahtan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".