The Principality of Mombourg is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Head Mom with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.077 billion Mombourgians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mombourg City. The average income tax rate is 75.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Mombourgian economy, worth 100 trillion Francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,191 Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Franc charge on their phone bill, and pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mombourg's national animal is the Red lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mombourg was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
- : Mombourg was endorsed by The Republic of Zelenskraine.
- : Mombourg endorsed The Kingdom of Greycastle.
- : Following new legislation in Mombourg, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall.
- : Following new legislation in Mombourg, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Franc charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Mombourg, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Mombourg, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Mombourg, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Mombourg was endorsed by The Kingdom of Greycastle.
- : Mombourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: 111 » The Champions League, Kanokla, Apabeossie, Yahlia, Zarulia, Warzakie, The New Nordic Union, Saint Domingo, Aroale, Eco-Paris Reformation, Meropis, Elisabethshagen, Invernessia, Thracia Republic, Walfo, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Leranditale, Northern German Federation, Galway-Dublin, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, Someseni, North of Americas, Sicheslav, Imperium Anglorum, Jim the Baptist, The Federal States of Ezasao, Thracia and Crimea, Eppur, Koenskyte, Gliesetonia, Dark Europa, Greater Icelandia, New Eestiball, Magyarostan, Kharkolov, NorthPortugal, Wombelland, Brakanistan, Soclania, Ombran, Donaufoderation, Kardjali, Savinecross, Christian Terra, Ottterland, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Dark Matter, and 61 others.Chioganah, Scytharum, Valtrona, Nardin, New Ylicia, Justosia, Nuweland, Veemaa, Aura Banitia, Nomaida, Canovium, An Clar, Schiltia, Zulrich, Eritei, The Soviet Republic Of Amercia, Pilipinas and Malaya, Armbruster, Othenhiem, Agausia, Trixeland, Girvage, Belvanski, Tschechisches Reich, Isla Rural, Alsted, Palemonid, The New Mexican Confederation, Marvingia, Panversia, Broabant, Why are we hear, Europe a Nation, Berlin and Hanover, Ausvelt, Ansington, Northwest Isles, Kebabian States, Dunsteen, Falvaard, Escalver, Rary, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Janart, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Iskattland, Dervenland, Cilician Armenian Kingdom, Dabarastan, Heplon, Gorzi, Caescadia, Noristoniaka, Scutarie, United States of Russia1, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Corsoaua, Zeelaa, Greycastle, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.