The Allied States of Mobili is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 253 million Mobilians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The very strong Mobilian economy, worth 18.1 trillion gold betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is 71,494 gold betales, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 231,061 per year while the poor average 16,717, a ratio of 13.8 to 1.
Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, all footpaths have tollbooths, military spending recently hit a new high, and replacement organs are grown in vats. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Mobili's national animal is the monster deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mobili, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Mobili changed its national animal to "monster deer" and its currency to "gold betale".
- : Mobili changed its national nation type to "Allied States".
- : Mobili was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Largest Gambling Industry, Most Ignorant Citizens, Most Conservative, and Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Mobili's influence in The IDU rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Mobili agreed to construct embassies between The IDU and Civilian Great Planet A.
- : Mobili agreed to construct embassies between The IDU and Temple U.
- : Mobili set the regional banner of The IDU.
- : Mobili altered the regional flag of The IDU.
- : Following new legislation in Mobili, military spending recently hit a new high.