|Capital||New Mistillania City|
The Democratic States of Mistillania is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The President with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.253 billion Mistillanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Mistillania City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Mistillanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,868 trillion Mistis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 226,435 Mistis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Mistillanian politicians, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies, and peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop. Crime is totally unknown. Mistillania's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnostic-Pantheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mistillania's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Mistillania's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Mistillania changed its national faith to "Agnostic-Pantheism".
- : Following new legislation in Mistillania, peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop.
- : Following new legislation in Mistillania, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Following new legislation in Mistillania, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Mistillanian politicians.
- : Mistillania was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Mistillania ceased to exist in Spiritus.
- : Mistillania's influence in Spiritus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Mistillania's influence in Spiritus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".