The Federal Republic of Misselia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 543 million Misselians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 15.9%.
The powerhouse Misselian economy, worth 44.0 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 81,058 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government is reining in public spending, concerned environmentalists wipe away their tears with tissues sourced from Tasmanian old-growth redwoods, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, and the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Misselia's national animal is the cougar.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Misselia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Misselia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Misselia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Deruuu".
- : Misselia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Holy Principality of Saint Mark".
- : Misselia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Marijuana".
- : Misselia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Misselia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention Of Forced Sterilisation".
- : Misselia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Misselia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn This Game"".
- : Misselia endorsed The Green green fields of KotkoLandiya.