The Federal Republic of Misnomers is a massive, genial nation, notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.977 billion Misnomersians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neo Arcadia. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Misnomersian economy, worth 92.7 trillion Bolts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 46,906 Bolts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction, and the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the Misnomersian Navy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Misnomers's national animal is the Sigma Virus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Misnomers was endorsed by The Kingdom of Gavrilia.
- : Misnomers was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the Misnomersian Navy.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, evasive politicians don't fail to strongly commit to not committing to a course of non-inaction.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, explicit slash fiction is repackaged for kindergarten kids as stories about friends cuddling friends.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, the aims of top-secret Misnomersian science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman.
- : Misnomers endorsed The Imperial Socialist Order of Iwonia.
- : Misnomers endorsed The Hai Ožeriorldom of Plattinum.
- : Misnomers endorsed The Federal Republic of Senshen.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Speke, Whitmarche, Toubaze, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Kiyortza, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, Halsuntria, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Gadorien, Kistolia, Southern Velutaria, Kentalis, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Abjekistan, Foxomexra, Prybourne, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Regauria, Valcouria, Gran Rugido, Amrelia, Kinoko, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, and Gavrilia.