The Rational Republic of Mirchusko is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Temis Aenea with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.006 billion Mirchuskoites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyperion Orbital. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Mirchuskoan economy, worth a remarkable 2,501 trillion eigencredits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 178,598 eigencredits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Mirchusko's radio stations, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them, the comic book series 'Temis Aenea and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, and all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers. Crime is totally unknown. Mirchusko's national animal is the red koala, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mirchusko, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
- : Following new legislation in Mirchusko, the comic book series 'Temis Aenea and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Mirchusko, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Mirchusko voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Mirchusko voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Following new legislation in Mirchusko, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Mirchusko's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Mirchusko, manufacturers are sued for almost anything not covered in their catalogue-sized manuals.
- : Mirchusko was endorsed by The Republic of Common Good.
- : Mirchusko was endorsed by The Blood Daybreak Empire of Rizorien.
- : Following new legislation in Mirchusko, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
Endorsements Received: 75 » BIteland, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Ashkan, The Undivided, Oometz, Wickedly evil people, Fujai, The Free States of Gotham, Greynne, DiscGolfLand, The New Syndicate, Liberillia, Vitanu, Gryphonian Alliance, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Tropical Isles, Ioways, Archonina, The United Republic of Westend, Allwarts, Champaign, New Belia, Pandaland II, Condonohia, Psikuta, Win Mints, Numpties, Avadon, Arkadia Universalis, Thyrall, Aldesport, Torkvale, Ellcrys, Pandaland III, Shaqolandia, Rogue Foundation Security Division Omega, Premiora, Ljosalfaryz, Lynier, Kawaii Schoolgirl, The Father-Land, Dalimbar, Wyndward, Denieria, NoHiceLand, Yy4u, A Apricus Marimba, The Anti-Social Socialists, Vugaland, Nevafornia, and 25 others.Velandomew, Xiuhtezcatl, Westwind, Kingdom of Anderson, Papercuts and Skittles, Keerim Foundation, Cro Magnon, Kisovec, Montreal-Quebec, Bran Astor, West-Fryslan, Ferroia, Royal Institution-Imperial Academy, Grandi Fiori, Troodan, New New Avignon, Halvard, Meow-meow-mia, Hessere, Orden Fres, Ilmecith, Dreamers for Hope, Doggerstan, Rizorien, and Common Good.