The State of Minoa is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Joana with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 20.23 billion Minoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athens. The average income tax rate is 24.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Minoan economy, worth a remarkable 2,052 trillion Minoan tala a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 101,476 Minoan tala, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Grannies get pulled over for knitting pullovers while driving, the entire entry for Minoa in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second, and the nation is in perpetual campaign mode. Crime is totally unknown. Minoa's national animal is the little owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Minoa removed regional password protection from Minoa.
- : Minoa changed its national capital to "Athens".
- : Minoa changed its national capital to "Athina".
- : Following new legislation in Minoa, the nation is in perpetual campaign mode.
- : Minoa changed its national nation type to "State".
- : Minoa changed its national nation type to "States".
- : Minoa changed its national demonym to "Minoan".