The Community of Minnafornia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Governor Moonbeam with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, humorless population of 18.764 billion Minnafornians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santa Mento. The average income tax rate is 92.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Minnafornian economy, worth 811 trillion hugs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is 43,271 hugs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, most citizens in Minnafornia are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, and the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Minnafornia's national animal is the elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 10% for Most Zombified.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies.
- : Minnafornia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Minnafornia's influence in Arkansas rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".