The Citystate of Mingulay Isle is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and compulsory military service. The devout population of 8.923 billion Mingulay have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 35.3%.
The large but inefficient Mingulay economy, worth 405 trillion Sterlings a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 45,465 Sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
At least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia, bicyclists are banned from major roads, and it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mingulay Isle's national animal is the Boar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mingulay Isle altered its national flag.
- : Mingulay Isle's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Mingulay Isle relocated from Groovy to 10000 Islands.
- : Mingulay Isle resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Mingulay Isle's influence in Groovy rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mingulay Isle endorsed The Republic of Zilpower.
- : Mingulay Isle relocated from 10000 Islands to Groovy.
- : Mingulay Isle was endorsed by The Lost Paradise of Grimmywelsh.
- : Mingulay Isle was endorsed by The Blue Paradise of Xanthorrhoea.
- : Mingulay Isle was admitted to the World Assembly.