The Zombie State of Mimeer is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mer with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.701 billion Mers are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mor. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Mern economy, worth 283 trillion Lees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 166,807 Lees, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 751,475 per year while the poor average 22,821, a ratio of 32.9 to 1.
The nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, and the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Mimeer's national animal is the Vampire, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Merism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, Mer's office has a newly installed Max-Man arcade game programmed by a 5th-grader.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, the paparazzi publicize Royal scandals with the utmost delight.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Mimeer, when people ask what the difference is between politicians and lawyers they are referred to document c15(iv) section 14.1 subsection 3.2 of the Jan 2015 political category definition guidance codes.
- : Mimeer was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 120 » Eco-Paris Reformation, Elisabethshagen, Invernessia, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, St Scarlett, Saint Domingo, Thracia and Crimea, Meropis, Abject Ludicrosity, Kase, GanymedEuropa, Yahlia, Mynox, Republic of Satherland, Apabeossie, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Trixeland, Nardin, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, North of Americas, Regnum Italiae, Jim the Baptist, Parliamentary Laramidia, Valtrona, Maalat, Imperium Anglorum, Destyntine, Zulrich, Robbonia, Walfo, The Reunited Yugoslavs, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Rivierenland, Brakanistan, Wombelland, Othenhiem, Elania Kingdom, Enway, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Kyrica, Kanokla, Galway-Dublin, Sloburg, Bohomo, Chronus, Khuravia, Falvaard, and 70 others.Grodisze, Nuevo Europa, Bareu, Christian Terra, A3161, Maritzal, An Clar, Lovisa, Popaholick, Weltbeherrschung, Puerto Thelosia, Canovium, Jahass, Ostermarch, Lieges, Someseni, Leszno, Ansington, The Scandinavian Realm, Savinecross, Quentenia, Eritei, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, Greater Icelandia, Northwest Isles, Kardjali, Greater Albaina, Trisikistan, Yoannes, Gliesetonia, Nova Babilonia, Boldia, The New Nordic Union, Soviet Taoistan, Carignanum, Nomaida, Zarulia, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Yebatga, Nieuw Gent, Esvonia, Balante, Usengecler, Wiener-Neustadt, Dorenstad, Migurson, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Monte Naranja, Eppur, Nevelja, Feldorf, Inner Planets, Umeria, United Communes of Chile, Domton, Seims, Estellan, Durlia, Hulldom, Monkistan, Betasia, Freyana, Europe a Nation, Deftern, Mordstand, ALSUDAN, Warzakie, New Ylicia, Slavorussia, and Ausvelt.